URGENT: Sign up now. Only a few spots remain.
Session 1: November 9: 9am - 2pm
Session 2: November 16: 9am - 12pm
What You Get:
- Nearly 8 hours of FREE career counseling services
- An hour of FREE individual coaching
- ZERO application cost
- FREE Babysitting service during the workshop
- Snacks provided for FREE
- FREE Career workshop (including the following)
- Self-Exploration: Participants will take easy career assessments and participate in the Career Lifeline exercise which will help them learn more about their strengths, passions and skills.
- Educational and Career Research: Participants will explore potential careers and educational programs based on their strengths, skills and passions.
- Informational Interviewing Skills: Participants will learn and practice basic informational interviewing skills to help them gain information on potential careers and to tap the hidden job market.
- Road Map: Participants will create a road map of next steps including reaching out to professionals in fields of interest.
- Job Search Strategies: Participants will learn a variety of job search strategies and resources to help them find employment
- Job Interview Skills: Participants will learn basic job interview skill
You will not be sold anything. This service is 100% FREE to military spouses.
To help ensure the program is a success, we simply ask that all applicants agree to the following terms:
If you are the spouse of an active duty service member or veteran and you are unemployed or underemployed, you’re not alone.
According to a recent report from the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University, the unemployment rate for military spouses is 3 times higher than their civilian counterparts. Of those spouses who work, one-third report they are underemployed based on their educational background. To make matters worse, employed active duty military spouses earn roughly 38% less than their civilian counterparts.
At Challenge America, we believe the issue of military spouse employment has been ignored for far too long. Based on previous research, we know that 9 out of 10 military spouses want to work yet are either unemployed or underemployed. To address this issue, this fall we are partnering with Project Sanctuary to launch a new initiative to give military spouses the tools they need to secure a satisfying career that fits their work-life balance.
Bill Daniels Veteran Services Center
1247 Santa Fe Drive
Denver, CO 80205
Contact Dallas Blaney